WE ARE LOOKING FOR EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR TEAM.
Africa Data Forum is Africa’s leading specialist providing end-to-end solutions. We help organisations become more data-driven through Data Science, Big Data Engineering, training and support. Our battle-tested 3D-methodology enables customers to transition from previous generation information architectures to the new generation Big Data technologies rapidly and at low risk.
We pride ourselves on enabling our clients to see things differently and create business value through Big Data. Our consultants are qualified industry experts and thought leaders who have worked extensively with Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL databases including Cassandra, search technologies including Elasticsearch, SolR and the wider ecosystem with a track record of delivering reliable, scalable data solutions.
Africa Data Forum provides expert advisory and implementation services for open source big data solutions. As one of the pure-play big data services firm, our Data Scientists and Engineers are trusted advisors to the Africa’s most innovative companies. Our experienced teams combine a distinctive methodology and a proven framework that includes tested design patterns and pre-built components, to help clients build applications faster. Africa Data Forum helps Customers leverage big data analytics by integrating open source platforms, such as Hadoop, NoSQL and streaming engines, with best-of-breed data warehousing environments. Service offers include: a big data roadmap, data engineering, data lake and analytic operations, training and ongoing big data solution support.
The primary role would be to deliver our training services to customers and internal staff, therefore, either experience or an interest in moving into the area is essential.
- Deliver big data vendor training courses and Africa Data Scientists Academy training modules and courses on technical and non technical topics including…Data Governance, Data Management, Hadoop Development, Administration, Data Science, Apache Spark and a variety of other big data technologies
- Assist with maintaining curriculum and creating customised offerings for client
- Keep up to date with new courses and be able to teach relevant courses within 3 months of release
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on customer calls
- Take vendor certification exams and pass Vendor instructor certifications successfully within designated timescales
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Highly motivated, delivery focused and accountable.
- Possess an infectious passion for big data, real-time systems and other technologies
- Display strong communication & interpersonal skills: able to explain concepts to all levels of audiences
- Take relevant vendor exams which are required for instructor certification
- Desire to share your knowledge in a training environment
- Desire to work on customer and internal projects
- Be a self-starter and be an expert problem solver
- Be fluent in English ( spoken and written)
- Be eligible to work in South Africa and travel the world without restrictions
- Be willing to travel around Africa regularly, and world-wide on occasion
- Ability to write and understand Java code
- Experience as a technical instructor in the IT/software field
- Any exposure to or hands-on experience of Hadoop, Cassandra,
- HBase, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Oozie, Flume, or other NoSQL platforms and big data technologies
- Communication skills in other languages
WHAT DO WE DO?
Our Strategy: Roadmaps that prioritise the possible to create more value, and much sooner than you expect.
Data Engineering: Solution design and delivery aligned to core business objectives.
Analytics and Data Science: Deeper questions and new approaches to solve existing problems and seize new opportunities.
Managed Services and Training: Management and optimisation of Big Data systems to improve performance, and training to increase organisational adoption.